A Chair mat is the next important thing that you need to invest in. These days Glass Chair Mats are becoming so much popular and people are buying glass chair mats like crazy.
A chair mat not only protects your precious flooring but also enhances the look of your workspace. Chair casters can easily damage your wooden flooring or carpets, but if you have installed a chair mat then you can prevent this and save some bucks. Believe me, a chair mat costs less than flooring or carpets.
Now coming back to the main point here we are sharing some of the best glass chair mats that you can compare and then pick one from that suits your the best. These chair mats are made of glass and these mats can easily protect your flooring. So without wasting much time let’s start.
What Is A Glass Chair Mat?
It is important to know about the product before you buy it. That is why we want to explain a little bit about the glass mat. So, A glass mat or glass chair mat is a big large piece of glass that is designed to use under the chairs. The main work of this mat is to protect your floor from the chair casters and it also provides a smooth surface to roll across.
Glass mats are made from strong tempered glass so there is no need to worry about the lifespan of the product. Normally a glass chair mat can easily withstand between 1000 lbs to 1200 lbs weight. Just like most of the products, glass chair mats also different from one another. You can find a chair mat with different thicknesses, weight capacity, etc.
Best Glass Chair Mats
1. Glaciermat Reinforced Glass Executive Chair Mat
Glass chair mats are best when it comes to durability and here we are sharing one of the kind. Glaciermat Reinforced Glass Executive Chair is one of the strong and durable glass mats out there and it can easily handle weight up to 1000lbs.
This chair mat made of glass is unbendable and going to provide you a smooth ergonomic rolling surface. The mat is going to last for a long time and you won’t find any scratches, dents, buckle or discolor on your mat.
You can easily see the floor beneath the chair mat as it is crystal clear and the look of the chair mat will enhance the look of your workspace.
|Size||40″ x 53″|
|Surface Recommendation||Hard Floors and All Pile Carpets|
2. Vitrazza Rectangle Glass Office Chair Mat
Next, we got the Vitrazza Rectangle Glass Office Chair Mat, which is also made of durable and long-lasting material. This is a super-strong glass chair mat as it is made of 1/4″ of thick safety glass and the weight of this glass mat is 38 lbs.
This chair mat can also withstand 1000lbs. weight and you won’t find any dents or scratches on your glass chair mat in near future. This glass chair mat is coated with Invisible Shield Pro1, so it can easily prevent all the scratches and you can work worry-free.
If you are looking for a super strong and a long lasting glass chair mat, then without any second thought buy this one. They also give 30 day satisfaction guarantee, so you can test and try for 30 days and return if you don’t like the product.
|Material||1/4″ Thick Tempered Glass|
|Size||36″ x 48″|
|Color||Chiaro (Standard Clear)|
3. Floortex Glaciermat, Reinforced Glass Executive Chair Mat
If you are looking for a glass chair mat that can be used on both hard floors and carpets then you can consider Floortex Glaciermat, Reinforced Glass Executive Chair Mat. It is suitable for all carpet types and hard floors and it lays flat and stays flat.
This chair mat is also made of high-end and crystal clear reinforced glass. The surface of this chair mat is smooth like butter and you will be able to move around easily.
Floortex chair mat can easily handle weight up to 1000lbs. You won’t find any problems like a dent, sinking in, buckle, curl or discoloration, etc. This chair mat comes with 10 years of limited warranty, so buy without worrying.
|Size||36″ x 48″|
|Surface Recommendation||Hard Floor, Carpet|
4. Lorell Tempered Glass Chair Mat
Lorell Tempered Glass Chair Mat is also one of the best glass chair mats for all type of floors out there. It is made of scratch-resistant material that makes sure that the mat last for a very long time without any scratches. You will get a smooth surface all the time to roll over.
It can easily withstand 1000 lbs weight and you can easily clean it and the design of this chair mat is simple and classy.
You can easily you sue the chair mat on hard floors, low pile carpet or high pile carpets if you want. The choice is completely yours and this mat currently comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. *They can change or crack it anytime.
5. myGlassMat Tempered Glass Chair Mat for Carpet and Hard Floors
There are so many glass chair mats out there but not all of those are the best, but the one we are sharing here got the material and durability one needs. myGlassMat Tempered Glass Chair Mat for Carpet and Hard Floors is also one of those glass chair mats.
Because it is made of tempered glass and can be easily used on both carpet or hard floors. This chair mat’s edges are round so you won’t hurt yourself with this mat.
It can handle 1000 lbs and you will have smooth gliding, scratch-resistant, and an anti-static surface to roll on. They also provide clear adhesive rubber pads that you can use to stop the movement of the mat if by chance it occurs. It comes with transferable lifetime warranty, so I think you should give this one a try.
|Material||1/4″ Tempered Glass|
|Item Thickness||0.25 Inches|
|Surface Recommendation||Hard Floor, Carpet|
Benefits Of Glass Chair Mat
Glass chair mats have an extra fashionable look than general polycarbonate options. But still, there are many other benefits of glass chair mat, check them below:-
- Eco-friendliness: While sustainability varies from emblem to brand and product to product, buying a glass chair mat is greater environmentally friendly than shopping for a plastic alternative. Since you decided to buy a glass chair mat once, you’re developing a long way much less waste than you would be the usage of a plastic mat, which desires to be replaced frequently.
- Stays in place: A glass chair mat could be heavier than a plastic option, so it is never going to slip or move from the place. While less expensive alternatives need to be readjusted on a regular basis, a glass mat won’t.
- Easier for your body: Glass is exceptionally clean, so gliding throughout a glass mat along with your office chair is easier than gliding over plastic. As a result, your back and joints don’t need to push as hard when you need to move, resulting in a greater ergonomic desk setup.
- Suitable for heavier human beings: If you’re overweight, a glass mat is probably a better pick than a plastic alternative. Plastic is flimsy and may crack or bend more without problems, while a strong glass mat will without difficulty help your weight with out breaking.
- Floor protection: While plastic mats do offer some safety on your floor, they just don’t keep a candle to glass mats. Plastic mats can slide out of place, inflicting you to wheel your chair over your hardwood ground on a twist of fate and go away marks in your own home workplace. With a heavier glass mat, you shouldn’t worry about this.
- Durability: Glass chair mats are built to be stronger than plastic alternatives. They won’t bend, get discolored, crack, or curl. Although they tend to last for a long time.
- Scratch-resistant: Scratches on glass can make its appearance dull. However, a few high nice glass mats like the ones we reviewed above are scratch-resistant. So these glass mats won’t lose their look over time.
- Ideal for both carpets and difficult flooring: Some glass mats are designed to shield carpets and some for hard floors. It is recommended not to use a heavier glass mat on plush carpets, because it will ruin your carpet. So look for a lightweight glass mat for carpets but you can use a glass chair mat for hard floors without any issue.
- No folded corners: Vinyl and some PVC floor mats are too soft, and as an end result, the corners may additionally start to fold upwards through the years. This is a protection threat, and it may restrict you from rolling off of and onto the mat. But with a glass chair mat there is no issue like that.
Glass chair mats are expensive no debate here, but you are going to get the worth of your money. Glass chair mats can last longer without causing any damage to your floor, chair caster, or you.
You won’t feel any discomfort while moving around and also you will always have a smooth scratch-free surface. Also, like PVC chair mats start to get folded from edges after some time, glass chair mats stay in a single shape always. So glass chair mats are best for longer run.